The Hixson Utility District was created pursuant to the Tennessee Utility District Law of 1937 on June 14th, 1941. The District was started with 25 citizens residing within the boundaries of the Hixson community. We have since grown to approximately 25,500 customers. There were initially 15 miles of water line serving Hixson and we currently have over 400 miles of water lines within our service area. The first Board of Commissioners was W.P. Headrick, Dr. B.C. Roper and Ira Jones. Ira Jones served as President of the Board of Commissioners until 1966.
Today, the District serves one of the fastest growing areas in Hamilton County. We have kept our rates low while continuing to offer quality water. We are in the process of several long-term upgrades, such as our Automated Meter Reading (AMR) project, that will help us better serve you.
Hixson Utility District provides water service to a customer base of about 25,500 accounts. The water the District uses comes from an underground aquifer and the District is fortunate to have a source of high-quality water that nature has provided.